2 Cor 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature old things are passed away behold all things are become new.
Founding Pastor & Worship Leader
Born and raised on the South Side of Chicago. Started going to church at 15 years old and was born again at the age of 20. I did not distinctly get the call to preach until February 2006. I taught children's church for 3 years, worked in prison ministry for 10 years, and coordinated evangelistic events throughout the 12 years of serving the Lord. My wife Michelle has stood by my side since our marriage in 2010 and has truly been the help meet that the bible describes, she is a singer on the worship team and has a calling to reach the youth of today. We are diligent students of the word of God and we are pressing toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus! Our desire is to see people of all ages fall in love with Jesus and live their lives with total abandon to The Lord God Almighty.
Associate Pastor & Worship Leaders
I was born and raised on the North side of Chicago. At the age of 20, I was born again by the Spirit of God and left singing in Rock bands to follow the call of the Lord to preach and sing for His glory. I have been in various ministries since 1984 from youth Pastor in a church of 2000 to Pastoring a church of 60. I met my wife Jodi in a church where we were both on the worship team. Prior to salvation she was a professional singer and, at the age of 25, she surrendered her heart to the Lord and immediately gave up all in order to follow Jesus. She has a call to lead worship as well as bringing children into a deeper walk with our Savior. Our desire is to see people of all ages and backgrounds come into the saving knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and to be firmly planted in the cross so that all who come will know that "It is finished! " Come to church and worship with us!
Prison Ministry Team
I was born and raised in a south suburb of Chicago. I was raised in the church my whole childhood but never made that decision to surrender my life to Jesus Christ. Growing up in the church I saw many that professed to know Christ but their lifestyle was no different than those who didn’t profess Christ. When I got older, I grew further away from the things of God and became addicted to drugs and alcohol. At the age of 28 I had an encounter with God and accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. The Lord called me to minister shortly after being born again. In 2016 I was married to my wife Sarah who also was called to preach. She has an evangelist heart and at the time we were married she was just starting prison ministry with Lee Mendoza. In November of 2017 upon starting East West Church Lee passed down the prison ministry at Pontiac Correctional to us to head up. The team consists of (Matthew, Sarah, Lee, Mike & Harvey). (Matthew 25:36).
In the beginning of this year 2018 was the start of me and my wife’s evangelistic ministry through tent meetings and a trip to India to preach the Gospel. We are beyond blessed to have the opportunity to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ (Romans 10:14-15), (Matthew 28:19). It’s our heart’s desire to see souls saved and lives changed for the glory of God!
1. The Bible is the inspired and only infallible, authoritative written Word of God (Psalm 119; Matthew 4:4; Luke 24:27).
2. There is one God, eternally co-existent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (1 John 5:7).
3. In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His Sinless Life, in His Miracles, in His Vicarious and atoning Death, in His Bodily Resurrection, in His Ascension to the Right Hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this Earth in Power and Glory to rule a thousand years known as the Millennial Reign, after which the earth will be renovated with fire, sin totally abolished and the New Heaven and New Earth only existing for eternity (John 1:1-4; Ephesians 2:13-18; 2 Peter 3:12; Revelation Chapters 19-20; 21:1-3).
4. In the Blessed Hope-the Rapture of the Church as seen in Scripture not to take place until the fullness of the Gentiles (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
5. The sinfulness of man is such: all of mankind was born with a sin nature inherited from the first Adam and apart from God’s intervening Grace alone. It is impossible to redeem oneself through works of any kind (Romans 3:23; 5:9-18; Ephesians 2:8-9).
6. The only means of being cleansed from sin is through Repentance towards God and Faith in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21; Romans 5:1; Ephesians 2:8-9, 13-18). Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal Salvation (John 3:5-8; Titus 3:5).
7. The Redemptive Work of Christ on the Cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer (Exodus 15:25-26; James 5:14-15; 1 Peter 2:24).
8. The Baptism with the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4, is given to Believers who ask for it and will undoubtedly speak with other tongues which is the initial physical evidence. The baptism with the Holy Spirit was commanded by Jesus Christ in Acts chapter 1 and preached strongly by the Apostles throughout the book of Acts. (Acts 1:4&5; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 10:44-46; Acts 11:15-17; Acts 19:2-6; Jude verse 20 & Joel 2:28&29.
9. We believe Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today, and forever. Therefore, the gifts of the Spirit are for today (Acts 2:10;44-46; 19:1-7; Romans 12:5-8;1 Corinthians 12; Hebrews 13:8).
10.The Sanctifying Power of the Holy Spirit, by Who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life through Grace alone, by Faith alone, in Christ alone (Luke 9:23; Romans 6:3-14; 8:1-2 & 11; 12:1; Galatians 2:20-21).
11. In the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to Everlasting Life and the other to everlasting damnation (Revelation 20:5-6, 11-15).
12. Marriage is God-ordained. “The Creator made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” (Matthew 19:4-5) Marriage is to be an exclusive relationship, a lifelong faithful union between a man and a woman. This relationship between a husband and wife should parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church. The Scriptures do not promote LGBT unions, marriages, or lifestyles. Therefore, this church will only officiate a ceremony between a man and woman. Any member of this church is forbidden to practice such lifestyles based upon Scripture (Genesis 2:18; 21-24; Romans 1:21-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:23-30).
13. We practice two ordinances: 1.) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving the gift of salvation and 2.) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation (Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 11:24-34)
We invite and encourage you to demonstrate your love for the Lord and to further His work with an act of giving. Won't you come along side us in this effort to raise the funds needed for a permanent church location and halfway house as an extension of our prison ministry.
We look forward to meeting you, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
231 South Constitution Drive, Aurora, Illinois 60506, United States
Wednesday night services are held in Plainfield location. Please call or email for details.